Arctic Steel Water Strainers
World leader in cast stainless sea steel water strainers with a Unique design provides safe, quick and easy access for maintenance Supported by a large range of auxiliary equipment that includes stainless steel mounting brackets, hose tails, elbows, reduction bushes, ball valves, skin fittings, and external inlet scoop strainers
- Manufactured from the highest quality 316 stainless steel, this robust strainer is subject to strict quality control, with the foundry meeting AISI specifications and ISO approvals.
- Better corrosion resistance: All our strainers undergo an electro polish process, which provides a chromium rich oxide film, giving them a unique shine.
- No welding to corrode – one piece investment cast strainers.
- 5 point secure tie down with silicone sealing gasket.
- 10mm swing down eye bolts to eliminate the risk of losing nuts into the bilge.
- Rugged ABS basket provides high strength and rubbery toughness for impact resistance.
- A stainless steel basket is available for finer screening. (not standard)
- Clear poly carbonate lid option.
- Cast anode mounting point allows connection to your anode system, reducing the effects of electrolysis.
- Range from 1″ to 6″. Thread available in BSP or NPT.
- Also available – 1.5″ Header Tank/Strainer – designed for air conditioning and generator units. Suitable for non self priming pumps.
- Designed for superior flow and straining qualities. The inherent swirl action quickly scavenges air from the unit and provides a larger used area on the ABS basket.
1. All Arctic Steel water strainers are cast in 2205 stainless steel and electro polished (this provides superior resistance to all types of corrosion). The robust body is cast in one piece so there are no welds to corrode or fragile plastics to break.
2. Lid has swing down eyebolts, so nuts don’t need to be removed. (This is a safety feature we implemented for defence force), means access is safe, quick and easy.
3. Swings down bolts have cast stainless steel wing nuts, so no tools are required for removal. (They will never need replacing like plastic knobs)
4. Full height basket unlike others who have smaller, half height baskets (means better straining and less frequent cleaning).
5. Basket options are: ABS plastic, 316 Stainless steel with perforated 2mm hole (or custom hole size available on larger orders)
6. Optional solid lid or clear polycarbonate lid (not acrylic).
7. Offset outlet, means superior performance for straining (uses the entire surface area of the basket) also this causes any air to be scavenged from the strainer reducing the possibility of an air lock.
8. All strainers have an anode connection point, which allows you to attach to vessel anode system to reduce the occurrence of electrolysis.
9. Stainless steel is suitable for boats built in fibreglass, timber, steel and aluminium.
Please understand we offer a superior strainer in Strength, Performance, Reliability and Longevity. Quality always costs a little more. You cannot compare Arctic Steel strainers with other brands, as the quality is not the same.